In this Classic Server Profession Leveling Guide you will learn how to level the profession Cooking in World of Warcraft Classic to maximum level quickly and as efficiently as possible. You can find the appropriate Burning Crusade Classic guide for this profession HERE. Want to skill another profession? Then check out the all available profession guides.
- Cooking is one of three secondary professions in World of Warcraft.
- With cooking you create food that has benefits when eaten (Buff-Food).
- Cooks need meat, thats looted from beasts or fish, that can be gatheres with the Fishing Profession. A lot of other stuff like spices are sold by NPCs near cooking trainers.
- You can cook Buff-Food for yourself or to sell it on the auction house.
With Burning Crusade, every profession is fully learnable up to 300 from the teachers in the capitals.
Don’t forget to visit your profession trainer to not waste any materials!
Alliance Cooking trainers
- Stephen Ryback – Stormwind
- Daryl Riknussun – Ironforge
- Alegorn – Darnassus
- Gremlock Pilsnor – Dun Morogh
- Tomas – Elwynn Forest
- Zarrin – Teldrassil
Horde Cooking trainers
- Zamja – Orgrimmar
- Eunice Burch – Undercity
- Aska Mistrunner – Thunder Bluff
- Duhng – Barrens
- Mudduk – Stranglethorn Vale
- Pyall Silentstride – Mulgore
Don’t forget to train your Cooking before hitting the various level caps or you will waste materials.
Apprentice (1-75 | requires Level 5)
Journeyman (75-150 | requires Skill 50)
Expert (150-225 | requires Skill 125 and Level 20)
Artisan (225-300 | requires Skill 225 and Level 35)
Leveling Classic-Cooking: 1 – 300
1 – 50
Right at the start you can choose whatever materials you have in store:
Visit your trainer after you reached Skill 50 to learn the next rank!
In Burning Crusade Classic you can skill from 1-40 with Spiced Bread (60 Conventional Flour, 60 Mild Spices) and then switch to the following step from 40. The advantage is that in the spice bread are exclusively materials, which you get at the vendor, which should be in most cases the cheaper variant.
50 – 80
80 – 130
First, cook 30 Gekochte Muscheln, the recipe turns green at 110 – after that, you cook Crab Cake until 130. Gekochte Muscheln (1x Muschelfleisch, 1x Erfrischendes Quellwasser) Krebsküchlein (1x Kriecherfleisch) You can find Muschelfleisch if you open Kleine rankenfüßige Muschel.
The Erfrischendes Quellwasser is sold by most Innkeepers.
Alliance players should buy Rezept: Gekochte Krebsschere from Kendor Kabonka in Stormwind, because when farming the Meat above there will drop a lot of Kriecherklaue. You can buy Rezept: Seltsam schmeckendes Omelett aswell.
With Skill 125 you can get the next rank! To become an Expert in Cooking, you need to be Level 20 and have Skill 125. Then you can buy Expertenkochbuch from Shandrina in Ashenvale or Wulan in Desolace.
130 – 175
175 – 225
If you have Schildkrötenfleisch in your bags, you can cook Milde Schildkrötensuppe. To get the recipe, you have to finish the quest Turtle Bisque. The quest starts at Küchenchef Jessen or Christoph Jeffcoat in Hillsbrad Foothills.
Time to become an Artisan with finishing a quest! You have to finish the quest Clamlette Surprise, which you only get with level 35+ and Skill 225.
To finish it, you need the following materials and we recomment to get them before you travel to Gadgetzan:
Both quests lead to Dirge Quikcleave in Gadgetzan. Hand him over the materials and he trains you Cooking (Artisan).
225 – 275
Choose one of the following 5 recipes and cook them about 65 times.
If you can buy some of the meat cheap at the auction house, you can easily cook them until 285.
- 65 x Monsteromelett – 65x Riesenei
Recipe is sold by Himmik in Winterspring (Everlook at the Inn).
- 65 x Tender Wolf Steak – 65x Tender Wolf Meat
Recipe is sold by Dirge Quikcleave in Tanaris.
- 65 x Rotkiemenfilet – 65 Roher Rotkiemen
Recipe is sold by Kelsey Yance in Booty Bay.
- 65 x Muschelsuppe à la Undermine – 130 Scharfes Muschelfleisch, 65 Eiskalte Milch
Recipe is sold by Stupser in Tanaris.
- 65 x Tüpfelgelbschwanz – 65 Roher Tüpfelgelbschwanz
Recipe is sold by Gikkix in Tanaris.
If the meat for the following recipes is very expensive, I recommend you to cook one of the recipes from the last step until you reach skill 285. In this case, of course, you do not have to cook the following ones so often.
- 14 x Gedünsteter Sonnenschuppenlachs – 14 Roher Sonnenschuppenlachs
- 14 x Nachtflossensuppe – 14 Roher Nachtflossenschnapper
The recipe is sold by Gikkix in Tanaris.
285 – 300
For suggestions, improvement proposals or in case of finding a bug you are
welcome to contact me on my Goldgoblin Discord. Thanks a lot!