In this WoW Classic profession guide you will learn how to level up the Skinning profession in in Wrath of the Lich King Classic quickly and efficiently. Of course there are also corresponding guides for Classic Skinning and Burning Crusade Skinning. You want to level up another profession? Then take a look at the overview of all profession guides.
This guide is based on the state of the closed beta.
Changes are still possible at any time.
Northrend Skinning Trainer
WotLK Classic Tailoring can be learned from the following trainers:
- Trapper Jack, Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra) and Frederic Burrhus (Howling Fjord)
- Tiponi Sturmgeflüster, Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra) and Roberta Jacks (Howling Fjord)
- Darik Marcks, Dalaran
Hopefully now you already have a Skinning Knife in your pocket, you’re ready to go!
There are a few items that will improve your ability to furrier. First, and of course, is the enchantment: Handschuhe – Kürschnere. And then there are two weapons that also act as furrier knives and raise your skill to boot:
- Finkles Kürschner – drop from „The Beast“ in Upper Blackrock Spire (a Dagger)
- Zulianischer Schnitzler – drop from High Priest Thekal, Zul’Gurub
If your profession is not yet at least 350, the Classic Skinning Guide. and the Burning Crusade Skinning Guide will help you. Whether you want to skill from 350 to 375 with Northrend recipes or still with Burning Crusade materials is up to you (and the prices in your auction house).
Basically there is not much to say except: Skin all the animals you can find to increase your Skinning skill. If you are no longer in the leveling phase but already 80, there are a few farmspots that have proven to be particularly efficient. You can find them below:
If there is not too much traffic there I would always go for the farm spot in the Scholazar Basin and kill and shorten Hardknuckle Forager and Hardknuckle Charger there.
Heavy Borean Leather and Arctic Fur
Once you have Skinning 450, your purpose is to farm Heavy Borean Leather and Arctic Fur. These two materials are key materials for Leatherworkers to craft high-level armor. They can also be used by Leatherworkers to buy patterns from Braeg Stoutbeard in Dalaran.
For 3 Heavy Borean Leather you can purchase the following Patterns:
- Pattern: Polar Vest
- Pattern: Polar Cord
- Pattern: Polar Boots
- Pattern: Icy Scale Chestguard
- Pattern: Icy Scale Belt
- Pattern: Icy Scale Boots
You can also exchange 10 Heavy Borean Leather for 1 Arctic Fur.
For 2 Arctic Fur each you get the following patterns:
- Pattern: Giantmaim Legguards
- Pattern: Giantmaim Bracers
- Pattern: Revenant’s Breastplate
- Pattern: Revenant’s Treads
- Pattern: Trollwoven Spaulders
- Pattern: Trollwoven Girdle
- Pattern: Earthgiving Legguards
- Pattern: Earthgiving Boots
- Pattern: Windripper Leggings
- Pattern: Windripper Boots
For suggestions, improvement proposals (e.g. cheaper or faster possibilities) or
to report bugs you can always contact me on the Goldgoblin Discord.
Thank you very much!