In this WoW Classic profession guide you will learn how to level up the Tailoring profession in in Wrath of the Lich King Classic quickly and efficiently. Of course there are also corresponding guides for Classic Tailoring and Burning Crusade Tailoring. You want to level up another profession? Then take a look at the overview of all profession guides.
- 1 Northrend Tailoring Trainer
- 2 Cloth Drop Levels from Humanoids
- 3 Tailoring: 1-375
- 4 Tailoring: 350-450
- 5 Specialization-Quests
- 6 Useful Patterns
This guide is based on the state of the closed beta.
Changes are still possible at any time.
Northrend Tailoring Trainer
WotLK Classic Tailoring can be learned from the following trainers:
- Darin Goodstitch, Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra) and Benjamin Clegg (Howling Fjord)
- Raenah, Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra) and Alexandra McQueen (Howling Fjord)
- Charles Worth, Dalaran
- Dustin Vail, Argent Tournament Grounds (Icecrown) Phase 3
Cloth Drop Levels from Humanoids
Every tailor needs a lot of cloth on his journey. If you want to farm the cloth yourself and not buy it from the auction house, you can find relevant zones and enemy levels for the respective cloths below.
- Linen Cloth (Enemy Level 1-16)
in every starting zone
- Wool Cloth (Enemy Level 16-29)
Darkshore, Westfall, Ashenvale, The Barrens, Hillsbrad Foothills, Silverpine Forest und Ghostlands
- Silk Cloth (Enemy Level 28-40)
Ashenvale, Desolace, Stranglethorn Vale, Thousand Needles
- Mageweave Cloth (Enemy Level 40-52)
Azshara, Badlands, Blasted Lands, Feralas, Felwood
- Runecloth (Enemy Level 52-60)
Azshara, Burning Steppes, Felwood, Western Plaguelands
- Netherweave Cloth (Enemy Level 58-70)
Hellfire Peninsula, Netherstorm, Blade’s Edge Mountains
- Frostweave Cloth (Enemy Level 70+)
- Ebonweave, Moonshroud and Spellweave
If your profession is not yet at least 350, the Classic Tailoring Guide. and the Burning Crusade Tailoring Guide will help you. Whether you want to skill from 350 to 375 with Northrend recipes or still with Burning Crusade materials is up to you (and the prices in your auction house).
The following list of materials is only a rough guide to get an overview of the quantitative dimensions of reagents needed to skill at maximum level! Depending on your luck or bad luck with the yellow/green recipes you might need more or less materials.
TSM Shopping List String
If you have TSM installed you can use the code below to load the shopping list materials into your shopping list.
If you don’t know how to do that, take a look at the following clip:
Leveling Guide: 375-450
10-12x epic Crafts of your choice:
- Zaubertuchhandschuhe (yellow from 445)
4 Zaubertuch, 4 Magieerfüllter Froststoffballen, 1 Eterniumfaden, 1x Gefrorene Kugel
- Mondgespinsthandschuhe (yellow from 445)
4 Mondgespinst, 4 Magieerfüllter Froststoffballen, 1 Eterniumfaden, 1 Gefrorene Kugel
- Schwarztuchhandschuhe (yellow from 445)
4 Schwarztuch, 4 Magieerfüllter Froststoffballen, 1 Eterniumfaden, 1 Gefrorene Kugel
8 Zaubertuch, 6 Magieerfüllter Froststoffballen, 1 Eterniumfaden, 1 Gefrorene Kugel
8 Mondgespinst, 6 Magieerfüllter Froststoffballen, 1 Eterniumfaden, 1 Gefrorene Kugel
8 Schwarztuch, 6 Magieerfüllter Froststoffballen, 1 Eterniumfaden, 1 Gefrorene Kugel
Once at a Tailoring skill level of 350, you can head to Shattrath’s Lower City and begin your Specialization quest.
When you are specialized, you will get one Primal Mooncloth, Shadowcloth, Spellcloth more per craft and you are able to craft unique sets with powerful bonuses. Choose your spezialisation based on what armor you want to wear or what cloth you want to sell!
Pick up Becoming a Mooncloth Tailor from Nasmara Moonsong in Lower City, Shattrath.
She wants you to bring a Sample of Primal Mooncloth to Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh in order to Imbue it in their Moonwell. When finished, return to Shattrath and learn Mooncloth Tailoring.
In addition to proccing an extra Primal Mooncloth when you craft, you’ll also be able to make the Primal Mooncloth Armor Set, which offers 5% mana regeneration during casting while wearing all 3 pieces.
Pick up Becoming a Shadoweave Tailor from Andrion Darkspinner in Lower City, Shattrath. Bring his gem to the southeastern edge of Shadowmoon Valley, on the cliff before Netherwing Ledge. Use it on the [PH]Altar of Shadows target. When finished, return to Shattrath and learn Shadoweave Tailoring.
You can now craft Shadowcloth. Specializing in Netherweave also means you’re able to craft the Frozen Shadoweave armor set, which offers 2% healing from the damage caused by Frost or Shadow spells while wearing all 3 pieces.
Pick up Becoming a Spellfire Tailor from Gidge Spellweaver in Lower City, Shattrath. Bring the Nether-wraith Beacon out to Netherstorm, where it will summon a Furious Nether-wraith that will drop a Nether-wraith Essence. Kill the wraith and return to Shattrath to learn Spellfire Tailoring.
You can now craft Spellcloth and get proccs and it will also allow you to craft the Spellfire armor set, which increases spell damage by 7% of your Intellect.
Since Burning Crusade, there have been embroideries that tailors can cast on their items to bind them to themselves. In WotLK, there are two spell thread patterns for this reason. To learn them you have to be exalted by the respective faction. Only then will their quartermaster sell them to you.
- Pattern: Brilliant Spellthread (Argent Crusade) – sold by Veteran Crusader Aliocha Segard
- Pattern: Sapphire Spellthread (Kirin Tor) – sold by Archmage Alvareaux
Bags are a great source of gold for the tailor. In WotLK, the tailor can make bags of 22, and bags for classes and professions can be as large as 32 slots. Some recipes are easy to learn from the teacher, others require reputation:
- Pattern: Abyssal Bag – sold by Duchess Mynx – Ebon Blade – Revered
- Pattern: Glacial Bag – sold by Lillehoff – Sons of Hodir – Exalted
- Pattern: Mysterious Bag – Cielstrasza – Wyrmrest Accord – Revered
Like the engineers, the tailors are also able to make their own mounts: The flying carpets!
Flying Carpet and Magnificent Flying Carpet are taught to you by the trainers. To get the pattern for the Frosty Flying Carpet you need to purchase Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet for 6 Frozen Orb from Frozo the Renowned in Dalaran.
Patterns from Ulduar
In Ulduar, there are Shoe and Belt Patterns directly from Heroic Bosses. They all require 6 Runed Orb.. These can be traded in the Auction House.
- Pattern: Sash of Ancient Power
- Pattern: Spellslinger’s Slippers
- Pattern: Cord of the White Dawn
- Pattern: Savior’s Slippers
Patterns from Trial of the Crusade
As in Ulduar, the recipes for chest and bracer armor drop directly from the bosses. Each recipe requires 4-8 Crusader Orb to craft. These can be traded in the Auction House.
- Pattern: Royal Moonshroud Robe
- Pattern: Royal Moonshroud Bracers
- Pattern: Merlin’s Robe
- Pattern: Bejeweled Wizard’s Bracers
Patterns from ICC
These pants and shoes recipes can be purchased from Alchemist Finklestein on the lowest level of the Citadel. Each costs one Primordial Saronite and takes at least five more to craft. This can be traded in the Auction House.
- Pattern: Leggings of Woven Death
- Pattern: Deathfrost Boots
- Pattern: Lightweave Leggings
- Pattern: Sandals of Consecration
- Muster: Rotes Holzfällerhemd
- Muster: Blaues Holzfällerhemd
- Muster: Grünes Holzfällerhemd
- Muster: Blaues Arbeiterhemd
- Muster: Rotes Arbeiterhemd
- Muster: Rustikales Arbeiterhemd
- Muster: Abgründige Tasche – sold by Herzogin Mynx in Icecrown (Ebon Blade – Revered)
- Muster: Eisige Tasche – sold by Lillehoff in Storm Peaks (Sons of Hodir – Exalted)
- Muster: Mysteriöse Tasche – sold by Cielstrasza in Dragonblight (Wyrmrest Accord – Revered)
- Muster: Glänzender Zauberfaden – sold by Kreuzfahrerveteran Aliocha Segard in Icecrown (Argent Crusade – Exalted)
- Muster: Saphirfarbener Zauberfaden – sold by Erzmagier Alvareaux in Dalaran (Kirin Tor – Exalted)
- Muster: Fliegender Frostteppich – Frozo der Wohlbekannte in Dalaran
- Muster: Smaragdtasche requires Kaluak – Revered
- Muster: Festtagsanzug – sold by Fariel Sternensang in Moonglade
- Muster: Festtagskleid – sold by Fariel Sternensang in Moonglade
For suggestions, improvement proposals (e.g. cheaper or faster possibilities) or
to report bugs you can always contact me on the Goldgoblin Discord.
Thank you very much!